It is a brand new year and most likely you’ve made a list of resolutions. Not a bad idea- but lets really start fresh and new. Let’s create our own beauty in 2017 and make this year our great revolution. Well, I have to. You see, I have to make sense of my life here, with all the challenges. I have 25 steps towards my beauty and will share it with you. To be honest, I need encouragement and advice, and my plans are not all that clear and in place- but lets go!
My aim for 2017:
What is yours? How do you want to live? Have a cup of coffee and just sit and think about it. There must be a picture or a feeling, you dream of.
My 25 steps to Beauty:
- Sort out your clothes
- Tidy your kitchen cupboards
- Get rid of ALL the clutter in your home
- Tidy up!
- Make your surroundings tidy, organised and pretty
- Eat good and tasty meals that you love
- Eat regularly at a beautifully set table
- Eat fruits, salads and vegetables
- Do exercise that you enjoy
- Take good care of your skin, hair and body ( lose weight if necessary)
- Listen to calming music
- Light candles in the evening
- Keep plants and fresh flowers in your home
- Spend time by yourself to sit, think and appreciate
- Make your spirituality a priority
- Be generous and supporting towards your loved ones
- Do the best you can in your chosen career
- Plan your days and weeks ahead
- Spend time on contemplating actions and decisions
- Do what you believe in and do not follow popular trends
- READ! – a lot
- Practise hobbies that interests you
- Learn new skills
- Be interested in the world and developments
- Always rethink believes and presumptions
I suppose now we have to start by being practical. Share your ideas, aims and advice.
That first summer in the Kalahari was one of the most dreadful and desperate times ever for me. And it was not because we had to adjust in a new country and community. No, I think I could have handled the heat and the sand, that even excited us, initially … a challenge! But, without beauty? How can I live in a place that is downright ugly? That was my crisis. I needed beauty. Nature, green, order, flowers ….. oh, cleanliness …. it was not even about being happy. I thought that I won’t be able to survive.
I could not go out and walk the dogs and just be. It was like choking, the streets littered with bags and papers, thirsty cows and donkeys harnessed in pairs, struggling to just move.
I could not sit in my garden and be. There was no garden. I cringed to see thorn bushes and rubble, no lawn to lie on or throw the ball. Just sand. No beauty.
I needed beauty. We all need beauty. It is life giving. Essential for happiness. So, I planted a garden. We can create beauty – anywhere.
You also need beauty. Dream about it. Then talk about it. Create it. Work for it … it might not be a garden that you need. Perhaps you need to create beauty in your home, office or just a room. But do it!
Beautifying your immediate surroundings is the first step you can take to a True and Simple life. So then, how will you start?
Join me here for 25 steps to create your own Beauty
I always wanted a true, unpretentious life filled with happiness, harmony and purpose. But somehow I took so many turns and detours, that I caused myself more anguish than simplicity – most of the time! Over the years various stints were part of my journey to find that point of arrival where I can call my life — TRUE.
So what was it exactly that I saw in my mind’s eye? A free spirit surrounded by beautiful things…music, art, books,nature … a type of sophisticated “hippie mom” with my children, husband and dogs! Not so easy if you always feel that you are not quite good-enough. And worse – if you even doubt your own likes, dislikes and style!
Well, only when my husband and I moved to an isolated African village in the Kalahari dessert, where rubbish, mistreated animals, poverty, drought and intense heat, became our reality, did I find my TRUE LIFE.
This is my journey to a true and simple life through horrendous mistakes, many days of regret and tears. Hopefully it can inspire you to push through to that REAL TRUE YOU – although I have not nearly arrived and learn and grow as I travel …..